This project aims to understand and help manage the lion presence in the park, while the park authorities develop long-term plans for the lion population in MNDP. Through this project, the grantee hopes to achieve the following:
- Understand the movement pattern of lions in MDNP landscape;
- Understand the genetic status of the lions;
- Establish prey abundance and distribution;
- Create and update a database of geo-tagged photos of lions;
- Reduce livestock depredation;
- Better protect and/or increase natural prey densities.
This project is implemented by Biodiversity-Environment & Sustainable Development.
This project is part of the IUCN Save Our Species African Wildlife initiative, which is co-funded by the European Union.