Engaging the Local Community in Lemur Conservation within the Anjozorobe Angavo Protected Area
2017 - 2020
Indri Indri indri
Diademed Sifaka Propithecus diadema
- Grow 120,000 trees through its nurseries;
- Reforest 195 to 390 hectares of habtiat;
- Create 75 km of firewall with local participation;
- Reduce to zero the pressure on natural resources in the corridor;
Habitat loss & degradation
- Create 18 additional jobs for local communities;
- Provide 4 types of alternative sources of income for the communities;
- Increase the growth rate of the lemur population.
This project is implemented by Association Fanamby.