- Establish a new community managed marine protected area;
- Contribute towards a change in Red List Status by protecting 450 turtles and 1200 hatchlings;
- Ensure that 455 local communities have benefitted from the project;
- Reduce the number of threats facing turtles in the area;
- Restore and protected turtle habitat;
- Initiate Ecotourism plans as an alternative income source for the local communities.
This project is implemented by Community Based Environmental Conservation.
Over-exploitation of natural resources & prey depletion
This project is part of the IUCN Save Our Species African Wildlife initiative, which is co-funded by the European Union.