- Clarify information about the causes of death for the frogs during the die-off;
- Establish a protocol for monitoring the lake’s condition;
- Evaluate the die-off event’s impacts on the Titicaca water frog population;
- Further, in order to support outreach and dissemination of results, the project focuses on connecting main stakeholders such as decision makers, local communities, municipal authorities, and the general public;
Invasive alien species
- Finally the project aims to ensure a secure population of the Titicaca Water Frog has been established in captivity while longer-term wild population monitoring is in place.
This project is implemented by Fundación para las Ciencias.